Today is “Safer Internet Day” if you didn’t already know. To celebrate this glorious day Google is rewarding users for completing a security audit of your account. Just a few minutes of your time gets you an extra 2GB of Drive storage for free.
The checkup in security is quick and painless and just takes a couple minutes. You review your account recovery options, connected devices, services with permissions on your account, and 2-step verification settings.
The extra 2GB may not show up immediately on your account, but once it does it’s there for ever. I for one need as much as I can get! I preach and use Google Drive daily. There are so many benefits to using it and it’s far superior to Apple’s iCloud services.
Why Google Drive?
Google drive is the most popular cloud storage services available in the world today. Drive offers 15GB of free cloud storage space. If you are not already using it, you should really take a moment to explore the advantages of keeping your files in the cloud. Because your files can be accessed from any device with internet connection, Drive gets rid of the need to email or save files to physical media like disks or USB drives. And all of this makes it so much easier to share and collaborate with friends or coworkers.
Creating files with Google Drive!
Google Drive is not just about storing and sharing files; it also lets you create, share, and manage docs with it’s own Office like suite of apps. And again, it’s all free!
These are the types of files you can create and share on Google Drive:
- Documents: For composing letters, flyers, essays, and other text-based files (similar to Microsoft Word documents)
- Spreadsheets: For storing and organizing information (similar to Microsoft Excel workbooks)
- Presentations: For creating slideshows (similar to Microsoft PowerPoint presentations)
- Forms: For collecting and organizing data
- Drawings: For creating simple vector graphics or diagrams